Moana (2017) Review

Cast- Auli'i Cravalho, Dwayne Johnson, Nicole Scherzinger and Jemaine Clement

Directors- John Musker and Ron Clements

Synopsis- Moana is a girl who has a passion for sea voyaging. She is the village chiefs only daughter, her family come from a long line of navigators.  The islands fishermen are no longer able to catch fish and the islands crops are failing. Moana finds out that a demigod Maui has caused all of the disasters to happen, he did this by stealing the heart of the goddess, Te Whiti. The only way to bring the island back to normal is to convince Maui to return the heart back to goddess. With that in mind Moana sets off on an epic journey across the Pacific.

Review

I thought the opening was nice and very typical of most Disney films, and reminded me of Mulan in the way the story was told. I really liked the role Moana's grandma played at the start, I thought the grandma told the story of Maui in a very convincing way.  I very much enjoyed all of the scenes with baby Moana in it.

As the story progressed I thought that it dragged on a little bit. I was not so keen on the father character as I thought he was too similar to Mulan's father and Mufasa from the lion king. I liked the song How far will I go, I thought this was a very powerful song and had a good message.

I would like to give a shout out to Hei Hei as he was the best character in the film and he made me laugh throughout the film.

My favourite song in this film is Maui's solo Your Welcome I thought this song was a fun, light-hearted song, and it made you think more about Maui's character and the person he believes he is.

I thought the voyage part of the film was good, personally, I do not think we needed the coconut people as I think they served no purpose to film what so ever. However I really the Shiny crab, I liked his solo song but I thought it dragged on a little too much.

I thought the duet with Moana and her grandma was amazing and made me shed a few tears as this song was powerful and meaningful. Also, I enjoyed the fight. The ending song was one of my favourites in the film as it reminded me of the ending to the lion king.

Despite the film dragging on too much in certain places, I would be more than happy to watch this film again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Tsum Tsum/ Unibearsity/ Tiny Big Feet News

Tsum Tsum News

Disney Store Haul