Aladdin Musical West End Review

Just over a week ago I went to see Aladdin on the west end and wow what a spectacle I was transformed into a world full of Disney magic. Firstly the stage itself looked amazing especially the cave of wonders scene, the amount of glitter they must have used for the set is obscene. Secondly, the music was amazing it was like a fuller more complete version of the original amination soundtrack. I had heard from a few people online and in person that the show can come across as panto, I personally could see why people would say that but it did not annoy me it just enhanced the overall show. Also, you cannot have a show with a genie in it and it not come across as little bit panto.

The highlight of the show for me was the Genie, Michael James Scott did a fantastic job, I
was crying and laughing all at the same time. I would happily see the show again just to see how the different Genie's portray the role. I came out of the show wanting to see it again. Also, I think the west end needs a Genie one-man show. Also, they had a section that was dedicated to my favourite TV  show Strictly Come Dancing and it was sung by the Genie during the best song in the show Friend Like Me. I would 100% recommend that everyone goes to see Aladdin on the West End you will not be dissapointed, if you can check the website to see what dates Michael James Scott is playing the Genie for as he is the US touring Genie and the US Tour and the West End did a Genie swap and his portrayal of the Genie is outstanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Tsum Tsum/ Unibearsity/ Tiny Big Feet News

Tsum Tsum News

Disney Store Haul